The harsh weather of the subalpine zone, sharpened the extremely resistant and yet vibrant T1 Zirbal to what it is today. T1 Zirbal is a robust display and headline typeface that can adapt to the most adverse conditions and formats. Whether extra wide or very narrow environments, T1 Zirbal is convertible and can expand from Condensed to Extended. Like its namesake the Swiss Pine, with its sinker roots that reach into the deepest crevices of rock and anchor the tree, T1 Zirbal is distinguished primarily by its very narrow spacing, which makes the typeface appear so robust yet contemporary.
Like the cone of the Swiss Pine, another focus of this typeface is the fluid gender. This focus is expressed in a special (gender) feature of the typeface, which automatically adjusts the asterisk to match the previously running letter. Born in the alpine region – ready for the big world – it spreads its lateral roots to find use in a wide variety of applications. From headlines in magazines to posters, labels, logos, and entire brand identities, T1 Zirbal is an ideal companion for your next design expedition.
– Total glyph set: 687 characters
– Upper case, lower case & small caps
– Numerals, Oldstyle, Proportional, Tabular, Lining, Superscript & Subscript
– 7 weights and 3 widths (family of 21 fonts)
– Thin to Bold; Condensed, Normal and Extended
– Diacritics (normal accented & extended accented)
– Standard and discretionary ligatures
– Fractions, symbols, punctuation & mathematical symbols.
– 17 layout functions: aalt, c2sc, calt, case, ccmp, dlig, liga, lnum, locl, onum, pnum, smcp, ss01, tnum, kern, mark & mkmk
– Gender feature (asterisk matches letters)
– Special ss01 asterisk (cross-section of a pine cone)
– 2-axis variable font available
35 languages: Afrikaans, Albanian, Basque, Bosnian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Hungarian, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Turkish, Welsh, Zulu
Unsure about what license you need? Download our useful licensing checklist to see what each license allows you to do.